Friends

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Always Selling

I am SICK to death of friends, family even strangers trying to sell me stuff. At first I was naive to it all. I was at a party and a guy starts talking to me about the weight he lost. I am of course interested because I am trying to lose weight. Stupid me thinks that maybe he is going to give me advice or something. WRONG! We talk for a few minutes and then comes the sales pitch. He wants me to buy products from him and sell them..Um NO I think pyramid schemes are ridiculous and I don't understand WHY people are still doing them. So this type of thing has been happening a LOT lately.
My husband and I get stopped by a lady..now I admit this one caught me off guard. She was a nice older lady who stopped us to talk to us about our baby(which happens often). So she asks what we do and we tell her, we have our own business. She says well that is great, I help small business people market themselves. Woah! NO way okay! Well she wants to meet us, so we meet up and BAM, trying to get us to sign up for Amway.

The most recent ones have to do with Beach Body coaches. I have nothing against you. I have friends who are coaches. But seriously stop pouncing on EVERY person trying to get healthy. I help manage a Facebook Group of about 3000 people we are a group that supports women in eating clean and working out. Or how ever you need support. We don't sell anything, we don't promote any one workout. It is literally 100% free no strings attached. We actually try to keep the spam and soliciting out of the group. The women are there to motivate themselves and each other and not be hounded or pressured into buying things so we don't allow any sales or anything. But I swear our group name must be in the BB hand book because they are coming to the group in mass amounts. Some of them are completely respectful of the group although who knows they are probably messaging members behind our back. But they don't post sales stuff in the group, which is what we ask. Then their are others that say PM for information on how you can lose weight like I did. Or they will post something similar and get unsuspecting women to fall for it. They then pitch them on Shakeology and all the workouts. Oh join my challenge group and then the people end up buying product because they see the results. Someone will ask what is a good workout and they start saying BB ones and then let me sell you one or PM. Our members are getting really upset by this and so are we.

I have even fallen victim to the BB coach talk. It was when I first joined the group and we were talking about our work. Someone says I am an Online Fitness Coach..Awesome! That sounds just like what I want to do. So I say Oh how do you do it? BAM I am suddenly being asked all these questions and buy a product! It was insane. I happens more then I like.

Like I said I don't hate you BB coaches but there has to be another way. So that it doesn't seem like you are sharks in the water waiting to pounce on the first person who mentions they did a situp.

My long time friend messaged me today on Facebook. Haven't talk to the guy in AGES but I know what he wants. He wants to get me to buy some stuff from him. He wanted to talk today! I made up a reason I couldn't and I won't talk to him again. I am just so sick of being sold stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment