Friends

Monday, December 31, 2012

Reasons

One of the "homework" assignments given as part of the weight loss challenge was to write down at least 5 reasons that I want to lose weight.

1. Health
I am really lucky that overall my health is good. I don't have any illnesses related to being over weight yet. But I know it is just a matter of time. So my number one reason to get healthy is for my health. I had a taste of what it would be like to have diabetes during my pregnancy and I didn't like it at all. Plus I want to be around for a long time so I want my body to hold up.

2. My Son
Before I had a baby my life was my own. If I did something stupid or didn't do anything at all it was me who was effected. Of course after I got married things effected my husband to a point. But now I have a son. If I choose to gain 200lbs and eat crappy food my life will be short, my son will not have a mother. I have seen first hand what losing a parent does to someone and I don't want to have my son go through that if I can help it.So I need to be healthy.

3. Activity
I always was a very active person growing up. Of course with the addition of extra weight that has changed. I want to be able to go hiking, biking and swimming without having to be embarrassed because I am out of shape.

4. Set an example
I want to set an example for people. To be an inspiration, I know plenty of people who need to lose weight and I can't rightfully tell them that they need to when I am sitting here the way I am.

5. Vanity
Of course I would be lying if I said I won't care how I look. Because I would love to be able to walk into a store and pick up an outfit and have it look great on me. I don't go shopping anymore because nothing looks right.

No comments:

Post a Comment