Friends

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dinner and a Recipe

Tonight I decided to make some oven baked fries and some Salisbury meatballs. It may not be super healthy but at least I am eating at home which is a great thing for me.

I thought I would make a list of my favorite food things.

Greek Yogurt- Plain
I LOVE this stuff. Not to promote a particular brand but I had some at Costco the other day it was amazing, they put a little honey on it and man was that good. Plus you get 20 grams of protein in there. I don't eat a lot of protein so getting it anyway I can is great.

Frozen Blueberries
These go great in Greek Yogurt. Plus you can whip up some Oatmeal Muffins*recipe below* and throw them in.

Oatmeal-
I HATE this stuff but it is very good for your body. I think we don't get enough fiber in our diets and it can cause problems. Since I HATE oatmeal I get creative, I make muffins, or I will put a bit of sugar free syrup in it just to make me think its something else.

Spinach-
Love to put it on my sandwiches, in my eggs, salad and pizzas

These are some of my favorite things obviously the list goes on and on. I am a FOOD lover so as I try to lose weight I will be taking some of my recipes and making them healthier.


Oatmeal Muffins

2 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
1 egg beaten
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup raisins ( I used cranberries so substitute any thing you like)

Combine all ingredients and stir with a fork until all ingredients are moist. Spoon into greased muffin pan. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. When I first started eating healthy, I gravitated towards spinach and oatmeal now I absolutely love them both. It's funny how I will only eat steel cut oats or rolled oats and I too don't eat enough protein so organic peanut butter or PB2 gets alot of oatmeal action most mornings. Helps to make it interesting.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and following it. I'm looking forward to watching you on your journey.

    paula

    ReplyDelete