Friends

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Who is this??

Today I had a little laugh at myself. I was standing in the kitchen putting my Portabello Mushrooms in a bag to marinate. I added in the Olive Oil, the Balsamic Vinegar and started peeling the Garlic, and cutting the Onion, and grating the ginger. I thought about what I was doing and just thought "Who am I".. I literally have ginger root, garlic, onions, fresh veggies, fruit, olive oil in my house....and I use them to cook. In the past I never would have had these things.

I love it though. The fresh ingredients just taste so good. They add so many different flavors to things. There is something pretty awesome about preparing a healthy meal for yourself. Standing there and chopping up all the ingredients and making something out of them.

I have also started a walking group. We meet at the college and walk around the track for an hour or so and chit-chat. It really makes the walking much more fun when there is someone to talk about. The time really flies by.

The sun has been out here in Portland and it is AMAZING! Nothing like a good dose of Vitamin D. Which by the way they are saying helps with weight loss. THAT is why I am fat...I live in the Northwest were there is no sunshine..I can finally blame it on the rain..the RAIN made me FAT!! (hehehe)

Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment