Friends

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not Getting Younger

Today I realized I will be celebrating my 29th birthday in September. I can't believe it..really seems like just yesterday I was a carefree kid loving life, riding my bike all over town, running, swimming and having a great time.

Now I am not happy at least in my body. I am happy about other aspects of my life, but I am very unhappy about my body. This isn't me..it just isn't. It seems that I have spent most of my 20's trying to achieve the elusive weight loss. I have not done that obviously.

I had a serious talk with my husband tonight. I told him I wanted to be fit and in shape by my 29th birthday. I want to end my 20's in the body I should be in. So we are going to change our eating habits and work really hard on that.

I am feeling really happy about this. I NEED to get in good shape, we have recently taken up hiking in the Gorge and let me tell you that is not something easy to do when you are over weight.

I am pretty excited!! I know I can do this!!

2 comments:

  1. I think lots of little choices each day ad up. I think you just gotta make a lot of good choices and then you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had started at your age, I'd be drop-dead skinny by the time I hit my age! LOL Good for you for getting going - you are not alone!!

    I just have to ask - the picture on your header isn't from Oregon, is it? I've never seen a Joshua Tree in Oregon before! I'm a Duck, but now I'm landlocked in the Rockies. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete